With the following Shipping Guidelines your parcel shipping is perfectly prepared.
DPD Shipping Guidelines
In addition to the maximum weight of 31.5 kg the girth must be kept in mind above all. Girth (circumference + length) – serves to limit the dimensions of transported goods and must not exceed 3 m.
Circumference = (height + width) x 2
Girth (max. 3 m) = circumference + longest side (max. 1.75 m)
For the secure transport of your goods it is important for the packaging to withstand the weight of the parcel's contents. The packaging should also be able to resist the strains of automatic and mechanical handling. By the way: bundles of packages are excluded from transport.
The outer packaging should be tightly sealed and all edges should be protected with adhesive tape. None of the contents should stick out of the cardboard box. In such cases please select a larger box. Please make sure that your goods are securely packed in cardboard boxes which are square/rectangular in shape.
You should use soft padding for light goods and harder padding for heavy goods in order to provide a certain amount of play while at the same time resisting impact. All sides must be protected and fixed in place.
The contents must not be able to move around inside the packaging. With different types of product the inner packaging should be selected in such a way that the most sensitive goods are well protected and don't come into contact with the outer packaging. Empty space for braking should not be filled out. This applies above all to specially designed packaging, to prevent transport impact being transmitted to the contents of the parcel.
The material you use for closing your packaging is as important as your outer and inner packaging. It is not only transport protection but also protection against manipulation of the content.
Especially bear in mind adequate protection of the edges as they might be subject to particularly heavy loads. It is ideal to use an edge protector.
Do's & Don'ts
- Attach all relevant parcel stickers (the DPD parcel label and any company address or C.O.D. stickers) on the upper surface (= the largest surface) of the parcel! The sides and base of the parcel are not suitable for smooth processing within the system.
- Please make sure that all important stickers (the DPD parcel label and any company address or C.O.D. stickers) are attached right next to each other. The stickers must not overlap and cover up important information.
- Please make absolutely sure that the DPD parcel label is not covered by string, markings, other stickers or other materials!
- If you use a carton for shipping more than once, please remove any old stickers. If this is not possible, cross them through clearly or stick the new DPD parcel label over the top of them.
- If shrink wrap is used, this must be smooth and without any markings over the parcel label. In order to ensure readability in the whole DPD system, you are requested to let your local DPD depot check the wrapping material for suitability before you use it. Please contact your depot for further information.
- To ensure optimised parcel transport operations in the DPD system, compliance with certain limits is necessary. A DPD parcel can have a max. weight of 31.5 kg, a max. length of 175 cm, and max. girth (combined dimensions) of 3 metres. These combined dimensions serve to regulate the size of shipments and are calculated on the basis of circumference + longest side.