Smart urban delivery.
Parcel services are essential when it comes to making deliveries in inner-city areas. DPD doesn't just operate as a reliable partner to urban retailers – it also links private households with e-commerce worldwide. Our intelligent city logistics enables us to reduce the impact of traffic on city centres to a minimum. At the same time we offer consignees a high level of flexibility and - as our contribution to the quality of life in inner-city areas - we are continuing to optimise our intelligent solutions.
As innovation leaders, our response to the way today's consumers use digital media is to provide them with a maximum level of information flows and flexibility. Our digital services enable us to significantly reduce the number of unsuccessful deliveries, which eliminates unnecessary delivery trips and waiting times.
- Consignees expecting a DPD parcel know exactly when their shipment will be delivered, enabling them to redirect it if necessary - for example, simply and conveniently with the DPD app.
- Thanks to DPD's Predict service consignees know down to the last hour when their parcel will arrive. If they won’t be at home they can select from a range of alternative delivery options.
If a parcel's predicted arrival time is inconvenient, DPD offers a range of alternatives to home delivery.
- Our 6,000 Pickup parcelshops play an important role as alternative delivery points.
- Together with other parcel services we have developed a parcel box system which can be used by any service provider. It enables both efficient delivery and a high level of convenience in parcel shipping.
We operate alternative drive systems as our contribution to quality of life in inner-city areas.
- In the Stuttgart conurbation DPD is testing the local emissions-free delivery with hybrid propulsion. Electrically operated models have also been extensively tested.
- In Nuremberg and Hamburg we deliver parcels with electrically assisted transport bikes driven purely by muscle power.