Milestones in DPD network and in company DPD Latvija history
- 1998 -branch of Sweden Post registered three daughter companies in the Baltic States, Poland and Russia and new parcel delivery product BIZPAK was launched.
- July, 2002 - franchise agreement between Sweden Post and DPD - BIZPAK became a part of DPD international parcel delivery network.
- 1st September, 2004 - GeoPost SA becomes the owner of companies in the Baltic States, Poland and Russia.
- September, 2006 - announcement about changing BIZPAK brand to DPD.
- 7th May, 2007 - DPD Latvija opens the largest parcel sorting terminal in the Baltic States.
- August, 2012 - DPD Latvija provides new possibility to receive shipments - deliveries to Pickup Paku Bode points.
- 18th March, 2015 - Change of brand's visual identity and DPD network merges under a single name DPDgroup that combines 4 brands – DPD, Chronopost, SEUR, Interlink Express.
DPD is gradually increasing the internationality of its brand and is building up a comprehensive network. The aim is to create an integrated logistics and information network under a single brand umbrella. Today DPD is present in all European core countries and worldwide with partners and co-operations.
2004: amalgamation with GeoPost
The amalgamation with GeoPost, a subsidiary of France’s La Poste, in April 2004, strengthened DPD’s long-term continuity, stability and future growth. This means that DPD is ideally equipped to compete in the market and has a solid position from which to expand: technological leadership ensured by continual innovation, combined with service leadership thanks to uncompromising customer-orientation. At the same time we are constantly expanding our capacity so that we stay ahead of the market all the time.
An impressive performance
With a daily volume of 1.4 million parcels shipped in a seamless international network, today DPD is one of Europe's leading parcel service providers. With over 800 depots in 40 countries, 24,000 employees and 18,000 vehicles are at the service of 300,000 business customers.
In Latvia DPD is the market leader in B2B parcel shipping, and one of the leaders in B2C deliveries. This is something we are proud of. Day in, day out over 250 skilled employees at main HUB in Riga and 11 depots in biggest cities in Latvia ensure simple, fast and reliable parcel delivery – a major achievement which is only possible with a unique, efficient transport network. In other words with the kind of system which DPD has established and which represents consistent performance and service quality – both domestic and international.