Latest press releases.
For up-to-date information about our activities, new product developments and services please see the press section on www.dpd.com.
Latest Press Releases
GeoPost, holding of the French Le Groupe La Poste, has presented its development strategy for Europe and across the world. To support strong growth in all its markets, GeoPost is developing its B2B / B2C hybrid network and today unveils its new international commercial brand identity: DPDgroup.
Paul-Marie Chavanne, President of GeoPost, presented the main themes of the activity in2014; a very dynamic year that saw company turnover increase by 13.3% to €4.9 billion anda volume increase of 10.7%. GeoPost confirms its Number 2 position in the EuropeanCourier Express and Parcels (CEP) market.
Over the past 10 years, GeoPost volumes have multiplied by more than 2.5 times to 864million parcels in 2014 and turnover has risen from 2.4 to 4.9 billion euros.
In 2014, GeoPost continued its development in France, Europe and worldwide
In 2014, GeoPost strengthened its positions in European markets
- DPD Poland took over courier company Siódemka, an acquisition that completes theoffering from DPD Poland, which thereby becomes the leader in the Polish marketwith annual sales exceeding €240 million.
- DPD UK started building Europe’s largest hub in Leicestershire which will allow it toincrease its processing capacity by 65% by September this year.
- GeoPost took control of the British logistics provider WnDirect, which allows it todevelop its position in the international market with dedicated solutions for e-tailers.
- In Japan GeoPost enters into an alliance with Japan Post Co. via its partner LentonGroup, now owned by Japan Post (14.9%) and GeoPost (34.7%). This alliance allowsGeoPost to strengthen its positions in Asia to develop Asia-Europe traffic flows,particularly from e-commerce, and to ensure their delivery to European consumers.
Strong growth in B2C activity and intra-European volumes
In 2014 as in 2013, GeoPost continued to expand with growth about 2 times higher than that of the market.
GeoPost is now the Number 1 operator in France, Spain, Ireland, Lithuania, No. 2 in Germany and Portugal and posted the fastest growth in the UK market with revenue growth of 20% in 2014.
In B2C in particular, GeoPost has seen its volumes grow by 21% and now delivers over 1million B2C parcels a day throughout Europe.
Benefiting from its strong presence in domestic markets, GeoPost’s intra-European and international activity also increased strongly in 2014, with volume growth of over 12%.
A new brand strategy to accelerate development
In this context of growth and to assert a stronger presence in the European market in line with its No.2 position, GeoPost launches a new brand identity – DPDgroup – for its international parcel delivery network. Its holding activities and freight forwarding remainunder the GeoPost brand.
All GeoPost’s business activities in the CEP market will be identified under the DPDgroup brand, capitalising on the reputation and power of the DPD network on a European scale.
With the launch of a new DPD logo and the creation of DPDgroup
DPDgroup becomes the trademark brand and the name of GeoPost’s parcel deliver ynetwork.
All GeoPost subsidiaries will adopt a common visual identity and unite under the banner of DPDgroup. Strongly established in their local markets and enjoying a strong reputation,Chronopost in France, SEUR in Spain and Interlink Express in the UK retain their currentbrands and gradually adopt the visual identity of DPDgroup.
In France, Exapaq adopts the DPD brand, Chronopost adopts the same visual identity, all subsidiaries unite under the banner of DPDgroup.
The new brand identity is deployed in 22 European countries (Austria, Germany, Belgium, Croatia, Estonia, France, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands,Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Romania, UK, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Switzerland) from 18 March 2015. All the rebranding operations will be carried out over aperiod of two to three years.
The challenges of home delivery
The ambition of DPDgroup is to build on its strong position in the B2B market, to expand its B2C business and become a benchmark in the home delivery market. B2C is a rapidlydeveloping market and should soon account for 50% of the total CEP market. GeoPost'sambition is to continue to win new significant shares of this market.
To meet these challenges, GeoPost bases its development strategy on two pillars: interactive delivery with Predict and development of its parcelshop network. The priority in 2015 is tooffer all of its European customers the best delivery services while also optimising processesand delivery costs:
- With Pickup network, 95% of the population is already less than 15 minutes from a parcel shop in France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg.
- With Predict, DPDgroup will be the first delivery service to provide to consignees in 20 countries advanced notification of a one hour delivery window.
Pickup becomes the DPDgroup’s brand for parcel shop network across Europe and allows consignees to collect their parcels from any of 16,000 parcel shops. During 2015, the network will be extended to the UK and Spain bringing to 22,000 the number of Pickup pointsand reaching 26,000 in 2016. Thus, in 13 European countries, 95 % of the population will beless than 15 minutes from a Pickup point.
Predict, the interactive delivery service, will be deployed before summer in 20 countries throughout Europe. This service gives consignees advance notification (on the morning oftheir delivery - by email or SMS), of a one hour delivery window. A flexible service par excellence, Predict also gives consignees the option to use their smartphone or the internet to re-arrange the delivery for another date or another address or to deliver to neighbour or collect from a Pickup parcel shop of their choice.
DPDgroup today declares a double ambition
- To be the partner of choice for businesses, especially online retailers to support them in their international development.
- And to offer recipients the easiest and smoothest customer experience in parcel delivery.