DPDgroup reveals changing online shopping habits of Europeans
"This study* highlights the key e-commerce trends in Europe and gives good insight into the online behaviour of e-shoppers. Cross-border shopping is gaining in popularity throughout the region and there is considerable room for growth in the coming years. Especially if Europeans who have yet to make purchases on foreign websites also start buying online. This report gives our customers the information they need to benefit from this growth too," according to Eric Dietz, CEO of DPD in the Netherlands.
In the coming months DPD will continue to share trends among online shoppers in Europe from the E-Shopper Barometer.
- the most surprising online purchases
- the most frequently used payment methods and delivery locations
- the rapid growth of online shopping on smartphones in countries with low internet penetration
- the increasing preference for e-shopping abroad
- the importance of flexibility in the delivery and return of online orders
Would you like to receive the full report, send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*This pan-European survey, carried out among 23,450 participants in 21 countries by Kantar TNS, provides information on the rapidly changing landscape of online shopping*. The survey offers a unique insight into the online shopping behaviour of Europeans. This reveals interesting information at cross-border and European level, but also about Dutch e-shoppers.
European Young E-shoppers Study
Check also the first study from DPDgroup: European Young E-shoppers Study