What shipping documents are required in international parcel shipment?

For the international shipping of parcels various documents are required. Depending on the type of goods and the customs requirements of the country of import these are:

The commercial invoice

The commercial invoice – or in some cases a pro forma invoice – must be sent with any parcel which is shipped to a country outside of the EU. Feel free to contact [email protected] for all your questions concerning import or export.

The movement certificate

The EUR-1 movement certificate is a preference document for goods which have been produced in the EU and is normally used for calculating the import duties which the recipient of the goods has to pay. The EUR-1 certificate applies to the movement of goods within the European Economic Area and, among others, to many countries in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific.

The export declaration

All shipments of goods which have a value of above 1,000.- € and are to be shipped outside of the EU must be accompanied by an export declaration. If the value is above 3,000.- € , the documentation must be processed in advanced by the responsible customs offices.