In response to the state-of-the-art emergency and the latest coronavirus information, we have developed a set of security measures to further ensure safe and high quality shipments without compromising the health of our customers and employees. We also encourage you to familiarize yourself with this information and keep up to date.
From 18.03. We invite all DPD customers who use the branch at 8a Uriekstes Street to follow the following procedure when sending and receiving shipments.
DELIVERY OF CONSIGNMENTS:
Please call tel. no: 28619952
When the consignment note is ready, lift the metal blind, place the consignment and close the blind.! Please take note!
During the pandemic, we do not issue physical confirmation that the shipment has been delivered at the branch. Customers are kindly requested to enter the shipment number on the dpd.lv website. There you will see confirmation that we have received the shipment.
If you do not have a waybill, please use the nearby Package Cabinets or digital tool eserviss.dpd.lv for convenient delivery. If you have a contract with DPD Latvia, call us at No .: 28619952. During the telephone conversation, we will tell you how to transfer the parcel.RECEIPT OF CONSIGNMENTS:
Please call tel. no .: 28619952.
We will ask you to name the shipment number so that we can prepare it for delivery.
! Please take note!
COD and ROD services are not available at the branch during the pandemic period.
In the hope of your understanding,
DPD informs - Changes in COD service
Continuing to actively follow the spread of COVID-19 across Europe and following the recommendations of the Latvian authorities, from 19.03. cash transactions are suspended indefinitely, providing COD (cash or cash on delivery) service. From now on, beneficiaries will only be able to pay by bank card.
The steps we ask you to take for all our COD customers:
1) display changes on your website in a prominent place for your customers;
2) Notify customers whose orders have already been accepted by SMS, email or phone call.
If, at the time of delivery, the customer will not be able to pay for the item by bank credit card, the item will be returned to the sender.
We would also like to inform you about changes to the COD service in Estonia and Lithuania.
- COD service is currently unavailable in Estonia;
- By choosing COD service in Lithuania, the customer will be able to pay for the shipment only with the bank's payment card.
We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to understanding.
We would like to inform you that we continue to ensure delivery of parcels to individuals and businesses throughout Latvia and Europe. Unfortunately, the situation changes every day, so we encourage everyone to be understanding of any delay in receiving your shipment. Several European countries have closed borders, which prolong border crossing, but we emphasize that at the moment there are no significant changes in delivery times.
If you have any questions, please contact DPD at [email protected]
We wish the strength of each of our clients in this difficult time!
In view of the current situation in Latvia, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the changes in acceptance and delivery of shipments. Only by joint efforts can we reduce the risk of infection, so we encourage you to choose contactless delivery methods.
CHANGES IN SHIPMENT DELIVERY AND RECEIVING
Delivery process for PRIVATE PERSONS
Delivery to a safe place:
• Upon receipt of an SMS or an email regarding upcoming delivery, the Recipient may indicate a secure location at the Parcel Receiving Address where the DPD courier may leave the parcel;
• To specify a secure location, click on the link received by sms or email and under "Delivery to a safe location", specify the location at the recipient's address where we can leave the shipment;
• When the parcel is delivered at the destination, it will receive an SMS or e-mail confirming that the parcel has been delivered.
If the Recipient does not choose "Delivery to a Safe place" then DPD courier will provide Contactless Delivery:
When making a Contactless Delivery, the DPD courier will contact the recipient by telephone and agree on the place where the shipment will be left.
Please pay attention
• The recipients ID is not checked during the pandemic;
• The recipient of the parcel will not have to sign for receipt of the shipment;
• The service request from the Recipient in the DPD system or a telephone record or other proof prepared by DPD will serve as proof of delivery;
• DPD is not responsible for the quality of the shipment after it is placed at the location specified by the Recipient;
• we encourage our clients to maintain a safe distance (at least 2m) between the courier; • If the customer refuses to receive the item, it will be returned to the sender.
Delivery to Pickup Parcel Shops:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, consignees have the right not to sign for parcel delivery. The shipment will be issued with the PIN code or personal identification document.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES FOR PRIVATE PERSONS
• Cash transactions are terminated indefinitely through COD (Cash on Delivery) service. From now on, recipients will only be able to pay by bank card.
• DPD courier will contact the recipient of the shipment to determine if it is in quarantine before we provide the "Delivery with additional loader " service. If the recipient is not in quarantine, we will deliver as before. If the recipient is in quarantine, we will make a Contactless Delivery by shipment to the customer's door. If the consignee does not agree to the delivery of the parcel to the door, we will return it to the consignor.
Delivery process for BUSINESSES Parcel delivery to the recipient's address:
• The DPD courier will contact the recipient by telephone to agree on the place where the shipment will be left to inform you about the delivery of the Contactless Shipment. Pallet delivery to customer's address:
• The DPD courier will contact the recipient via telephone to inform you of the delivery of the shipment;
• If possible, we will unload the pallets at the consignee's address;
• If it is not possible to unload pallets at the recipient's address, the DPD courier will deliver the parcel indoors by prior arrangement.
Please pay attention
• please provide complete details of the consignee so that we can contact them;
• recipients will not have to sign for receipt of the shipment;
• A record of telephone conversation or other proof prepared by DPD will serve as proof of delivery
• we encourage our clients to keep a distance of at least 2 meters between the courier;
• during the pandemic period, DPD does not provide accompanying documents to customers (labels, invoices, etc.);
• if the customer refuses to receive the shipment, it will be returned to the shipper;
• if the customer's address in Latvia or Europe is closed due to the announced pandemic, the shipment will be returned to the sender.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES for businesses:
• From now on, all ROD documents will be quarantined for 24 hours. Therefore, we ask DPD customers to take into account changes in the delivery time of the signed documents - their delivery will be delayed by one business day. Any documents that the recipient refuses to sign will be returned to the sender.
Parcel delivery process for businesses
To minimize customer and courier contact, we encourage you to place items as close to the front door as possible.
We encourage you to be responsible
We ask all our customers to be honest and responsible! If a customer has returned to Latvia from abroad within the last 14 days, if they have been in contact with a person who has or has had the characteristic symptoms of COVID-19, it is imperative to choose Contactless Delivery. The recipient will receive a confirmation message when the shipment is delivered.
Wishing you stength, health and success,
From 18.03. changes in the provision of the "Bulky cargo unloading service" take effect.
Subsequently, before delivery, the DPD courier will contact the recipient to determine if the customer is in quarantine.
If the customer is not in quarantine, we will deliver the shipment as usual.
If the customer is in quarantine, the DPD courier will offer to make a Contactless Delivery by shipment to the recipient's front door of the property (apartment / house).
If the recipient refuses to accept the shipment, we will return it to the sender.
Please be advised that due to the spread of Corona virus throughout Europe, shipments have been temporarily suspended in several regions of Germany and Italy for indefinite periods. Shipments to these postcodes will be returned to the sender.
We encourage you to keep up to date with the restrictions and restrictions on shipments in the "Coronavirus" section of our website.
The following postal codes are not available for delivery in Germany: , 21037, 21379, 21423, 21337, 29525, 29556
Deliveries in Italy are not made within the following postal codes: 24010, 24011, 24016, 24017, 24018, 24019, 24021, 24023, 24024, 24028, 25021, 25033, 25035, 25036, 25037, 25039, 25042, 25044, 25045, 25046, 25126 , 25127, 25128, 25129, 25131, 25132, 25136
DPD LATVIA CONTINUES TO WORK
Due to the state-of-the-art emergency and the latest coronavirus information, we have developed a set of security measures to continue to ensure safe and high-quality shipments without compromising the health of our customers and employees.
DPD PARCEL LOCKERS
We continue to provide courier services as usual, but for security reasons, we encourage all our customers to use DPD Parcel Lockers, both on delivery and on sending. You can find the closest DPD Parcel Locker in Latvia here and in Europe here. As a reminder, parcels weighing up to 20 kg can be placed in the Parcel Lockers and can be conveniently processed on our digital platform eserviss.dpd.lv. To protect yourself from exposure to the virus, we recommend disinfecting your hands before and after working with the Parcel Locker.
DELIVERY OF SHIPMENTS TO OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WHERE AN EMERGENCY CLAIM IS MADE
Schools, colleges, kindergartens and other public places are currently closed in several European countries. As well as several companies have closed their offices during the pandemic period. We ask all our customers to make sure that the consignee has not suspended their operations for a while. Any shipments that cannot be delivered will be returned to the shipper immediately. Countries currently declared emergency: Italy, France, Poland, Germany, Belgium, Greece, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Lithuania, and Norway. We encourage you to follow the changes on our website dpd.lv
CONTACT-FREE DELIVERY FOR YOUR SAFETY
Please note that the Epidemiological Safety Act states that it is the responsibility of the person not to expose another person to the risk of infection and that the person is obliged to follow the instructions of epidemiologists to prevent the risk of infection to other people's health. To mitigate the risks, we have introduced contactless shipping - "Safe to Delivery". We have developed a digital solution that allows the recipient of a parcel to open a text message hyperlink upon receipt of the SMS and pass on information where our couriers should leave the parcel if the recipient does not wish to contact the DPD courier.
• All contactless deliveries will be served by our customer request or telephone call record as proof of receipt;
• DPD Latvia assumes responsibility for the quality of the shipment until it is placed at the Customer's designated location (Safe Place). If the shipment is damaged in any way or is no longer in this location, we will not be liable for any compensation;
• Contactless delivery is not possible for the following services - Cash on Delivery (COD), Additional Loader, SWAP Exchange Service, Return of Documents (ROD). All shipments that the recipient refuses to accept will be returned to the shipper.
SECURITY MEASURES AT DPD LATVIA COMPANY
• The body temperature of all employees will be monitored daily by DPD throughout the pandemic period;
• All our employees are discouraged to travel outside Latvia. If an employee has been in a state of emergency in the last 14 days, they must work from home for the next 14 days;
• We have canceled all work-related travels, trainings and face-to-face meetings;
• Regularly disinfect DPD Latvia's work areas, including mail processing terminals and facilities where our couriers are located daily to avoid the spread of the virus;
• All our couriers are provided with disinfectants for regular disinfection of hands and work equipment.
We care about your business and your every shipment! We are and will be with you!
Please follow the current information on dpd.lv home page. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Please be advised that shipments have been suspended for security reasons due to the spread of coronavirus in northern Italy in several regions of the country. Shipments to these cities will be returned to the sender. At this time, it is not known for how long the ban will remain in effect and whether it will be extended. We encourage you to keep up to date with the restrictions and restrictions on shipments in the news section of our website.
Cities where parcel delivery is suspended:
TERRANOVA DEI PASSERINI