As a subsidiary of DPDgroup, the leader in the Mail Express Parcels sector on the voluntary carbon offsetting market, since 2012 we have been offsetting the carbon impact of each parcel we deliver, at no extra cost to our customers.
Our approach is based on three steps: measuring, reducing and offsetting our remaining emissions.
We measure our energy consumption and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions per parcel, which in turn allows us to assess the gains made by our cleaner delivery initiatives.
We are taking action to reduce our GHG emissions, and have decided to reduce our CO2 emissions per parcel by 30% by 2025 compared to 2013, through concrete actions:
• The deployment of low-emission vehicles (electric, NGV, scooters, etc.) within our fleet in several major French cities to replace traditional diesel vehicles.
• The signing of a green electricity contract by all DPD France facilities.
• The establishment of several of our sites in High Environmental Quality (HQE) certified buildings
• Training of our drivers in eco-driving
• The installation of NGV (Natural Gas Vehicles) traction lines
We are offsetting our remaining emissions by supporting renewable energy programmes in India and Brazil.