What to do when your parcel arrived damaged?
Every day we pay attention and effort to send your parcels. Each client and each parcel is equally important to us.
However, in every business mistakes are inevitable, so in some emergency situations, the parcel may be damaged. To ensure that your parcel arrives at your destination, it is important to provide adequate inner and outer packaging. Useful details and package instructions can be found HERE.
It is useful to know in case of damage:
In case you received damaged parcel please contact your sender who will respond and solve your complaint.
In case you are a sender of the damaged parcel please send us an email to [email protected] or call us on +386(0)1 600 842 and you will get detailed instruction on how to get a refund. You can also find detail instruction bellow.
If you want to claim a claim for a damaged parcel please send (on the email above or on our company address DPD, kurirska in paketna distribucija, d.o.o., Celovška cesta 492, 1210 Ljubljana - Šentvid) us documents below in 7 calendars day:
- Request Claim Document
- Photographies of: outer packaging, DPD parcel label with information about the sender and the consignee, inner packaging, packaging between the content, the damaged content of the parcel
- Copy of the original invoice, which has been submitted to the buyer (in the invoice is necessary to mark the damaged items if there are more then one damaged parcel)
- Invoice where purchase value paid by the person/company requesting a refund is visible (if you have it)
- In case of appliance damage, please send us a repair pro-forma invoice
- Statement of the recipient of the parcel - in case the recipient received the parcel please send us a statement indicating that the receiver has informed you that he has received the damaged parcel (online, or afterwards written statement)
The documentation mentioned above is necessary to successfully resolve your request and give you refund.
The deadline for submitting the documentation is 7 calendar days after receiving your complaint.
When we will receive all the necessary documentation, we will carefully examine your claims and submit them to the resolving process.
Within the estimated time of fourteen working days, we will notify you by e-mail about your request.
*Because of a suspicion of entitlement to the refund person/company requesting a refund must not discard the goods until receiving a decision from DPD or from the insurance company.
Complaints will be dealt in line with our General Terms and Conditions.
All DPD parcels are automatically insured up to an amount of 520 € per parcel.
In case you send parcels that have content with value more than 520 €, as a customer with a service contract, you can take our additional option Higher insurance at any time.
Below you will find attached forms in the links that need to be filled in, in case the goods in the parcel are damaged and you want to claim a complaint:
- Request Claim Document
- Declaration of non-insurence
- Legally Binding Declaration (in the event that DPD has delivered the consignment, but the recipient has not received it, or the signature on our delivery certificate is not from the actual addressee. The document needs to be always completed, signed and stamped by the recipient