22. February 2024 | Sustainability

CSR report shows: Geopost and DPD assume social and environmental responsibility

Aschaffenburg, 24th February, 2024: "Together for a better future" is the title of the latest Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report from DPD Germany and its French parent company Geopost. Europe's largest parcel service thus underlines its claim to successfully shape the transformation to sustainable logistics within the group.

As a link between trade and consumers, the globally active Geopost plays an important role in climate and environmental protection. For this reason, CO2 emissions are to be reduced by 43 per cent by 2030 compared to 2020 and by as much as 90 per cent by 2040. The remaining maximum of 10 per cent will be offset by targeted CO2 capture and storage projects. The aim is to achieve net-zero emissions ten years earlier than prescribed for companies in the Paris Climate Agreement.

Geopost is the first global parcel service provider whose short and long-term targets for reducing greenhouse gas emissions have been reviewed, analysed and approved by the renowned Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi). The SBTi is a global leader in the assessment and support of climate science-based emission reduction targets for companies. The SBTi certificate provides independent confirmation that the decarbonisation path taken by Geopost is promising.

But commitment has many faces at DPD and Geopost and goes far beyond climate protection: social responsibility for employees, their well-being and their personal development is also a cornerstone of the corporate culture.In addition, the DPD Foundation opens up the horizon for effective aid projects all over the world. All this shows that it is the shared values that enable the parent company and subsidiary to shape a better future together.

You can read about the full diversity of our sustainability endeavours in the form of our CSR report here: Sustainability Report