What compulsory documents or evidence do I have to submit in order to work with DPD as a logistics partner local transport?

Please have the following data ready for the first contact via the application form:

  1. Company master data (name, legal form, owner, address)

  2. Communication data (name of contact person, telephone, fax, email address and website)

  3. Number of employees subject to social security contributions

  4. Trade licence

  5. Road haulage permit if available

  6. Details of the vehicle fleet

Subsequent to the application, the following documents must be submitted:

  • Preliminary qualification: The accredited pre-qualification for courier, express and parcel services issued by Zertifizierung Bau GmbH is a voluntary certification, which is required by DPD for a contractual cooperation. Details of the documents to be submitted and the procedure can be found here: KEP (zert-bau.de).

  • Self-declaration: index.php (zert-bau.de).

  • Extract from the commercial register: The commercial register provides information on the economic circumstances of a company (e.g. annual financial statements and balance sheets). The obligation to register is mandatory for registered companies ( limited liability company, joint stock company, public limited company) and partnerships (limited partnerships). Small traders are exempt from the obligation to register (threshold value is a turnover of several hundred thousand euros per year).

  • Business registration/trade licence: registration of a business with the competent authority (local Trade Licensing Office).: https://gruenderplattform.de/behoerdenwegweiser) to confirm that a self-employed, commercial activity has been taken up. Confirmation is provided by the trade licence.

  • Copy of the most recent notification according to §36 of the Postal Act: Anyone providing postal services must notify the Federal Network Agency of the commencement, change and termination of operations, using the following form: Notification_36_EU-V7_Valid from 30.3.2021 (bundesnetzagentur.de).

  • Confirmation of entry in the register of companies at the company's registered location (Chamber of Commerce): Network of 79 chambers of commerce and industry, registration usually through the Trade Licensing Office, membership fee varies by location and depends on the company's services.

  • Certificate of correct tax affairs (formerly "Tax clearance certificate"): issued by the competent tax office and provides information on existing tax arrears, payment behaviour or fulfilment of tax declaration obligations. The fee may be waived if the purpose "application for public contract" is stated when applying.

  • Valid clearance certificate(s) from the health insurance provider(s) stating the number of employees insured by the company. Certificate from the health insurance provider contains the number of employees insured with the health insurance provider and provides information on the obligation to pay social security contributions, application is made to the respective health insurance providers.

  • Valid clearance certificate from the Employer's Liability Insurance Association stating the wage totals: the Employer's Liability Insurance Association Transport (BG Verkehr) is the body responsible for statutory accident insurance for companies in the transport and traffic industry. After registering your business, you automatically become a member of the BG Verkehr, or you can register by telephone or in writing. The clearance certificate is proof that there is a registration in the BG and that the relevant contributions have been paid, together with an indication of the wage totals. https://bgdirekt-weblogin.bg-verkehr.de/?back=https%3a%2f%2fbgdirekt.bg-verkehr.de%2f.

  • Extract from the Central Trade Register: Register for the central recording of commercial offences (special department at the German Federal Office of Justice): administrative decisions (withdrawal of permits, etc.), refusals to grant licences, decisions imposing fines for administrative offences, convictions against tradespeople. Application to be made to the competent Trade Licensing Office or via the online portal of the Federal Office of Justice (https://www.fuehrungszeugnis.bund.de/).

  • Tax number, VAT ID number: Note on the tax number or VAT identification number: the number of your business and not your private tax number is required here. Normally the Trade Licensing Office automatically sends your business registration to the competent tax authority, after which you will receive a questionnaire.

  • Police clearance certificate of the owner of the company: The certificate of good conduct is a document that certifies whether or not the person concerned has a criminal record. The certificate is to be applied for at the competent registration office or via the online portal of the Federal Office of Justice (https://www.fuehrungszeugnis.bund.de/).

  • Extract from the central traffic register: Also known today as the driving aptitude register, it is kept by the Federal Motor Transport Authority in Flensburg and stores data in accordance with the Road Traffic Act. This is where road traffic offences are regulated or investigated. You can apply online for a check of your points record: https://www.kba.de/DE/ZentraleRegister/FAER/Auskunft/faer_auskunft_node.html.

  • Binding bank account details - DPD SEPA form: Specification of bank details in DPD's pre-prepared form.

  • Credit rating information/Schufa information: To document your financial reliability, the depot obtains information about your creditworthiness from Creditreform. Companies with a business registration of less than one year or the legal form Unternehmergesellschaft (limited liability company) must provide the Schufa information themselves https://www.unternehmensverzeichnis.org/info/schufa-kompaktauskunft-bonitaet/.

  • Road haulage permit/EU Community licence (proof of professional qualification): Required for motor vehicles that are available for the commercial or paid transport of goods and whose permissible total weight including trailer is more than 3.5 tonnes. The permit is provided by the competent local transport authority, requirements are reliability, financial capacity and professional suitability (Chamber of Commerce and Industry examination). EU Community Licence authorises commercial cross-border and domestic road haulage within the EU, issued by the transport authority for 10 years, Chamber of Commerce and Industry examination (technical and specialist examination) required.

  • Proof of insurance documents: business and environmental liability, transport liability and transport insurance: Certificates of insurance confirming insurance membership and regular payment (proof of 520,-€ per parcel and 205,000.-€ per vehicle). To be applied for at the respective insurance company.

  • DPD declarations of conformity: Declarations on various topics (e.g. transport of dangerous goods). You will receive these when concluding the contract. You can also request the required documents in advance.